Read the full PDF here, or read below:
John Carroll University
Bachelor of Arts
Major: English, Creative Writing
Minor: English, Professional Writing
Dean’s List, 5 consecutive semesters: 3.64 GPA
Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society
Francis J. Smith SJ Scholarship
Roderick B. Porter Memorial Scholarship
Newman Civic Fellow 2017
Social Media and Marketing Intern
- Tracked and analyzed website traffic through Google Analytics and social media platforms, including Facebook Insights, Instagram Insights, and Twitter Analytics for advertisement campaigns, product promotions, and customers’ engagement and conversions.
- Created 1-3 visual and written website, social media, and MailChimp email content bi-weekly to increase brand awareness and conversions.
- Assisted the Customer Support Team with responding to customers’ product reviews on Amazon, Walmart, eBay, and various health and wellness blogs and forums.
Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Competitive Research Intern
- Researched one of Rockwell Automation’s major competitors and their involvement within the life sciences and food and beverage industries for development opportunities.
- Produced and presented an executive summary and a strategic proposal for Rockwell Automation’s development within the life sciences and food and beverage industries to a group of 10 Rockwell Automation representatives.
John Carroll University’s Writing Center
- Collaborated with 3-4 undergraduate and graduate students per 1-hour shift to discuss and revise writing assignments across disciplines at any point in the writing process.
- Assessed the needs of individual students, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or educational ability during each writing consultation.
- Wrote educational blog posts for undergraduate and graduate students to learn more about special writing topics, ranging from citations to reading an assignment aloud.
John Carroll University’s Center for Service and Social Action (CSSA)
- Served as an ambassador for the local community partner on behalf of CSSA.
- Transported 6-9 students to and from service sites through an annual campus van certification.
- Facilitated discussions and reflections with the service participants to recognize and discuss the attitudes toward the service site’s social justice issue, including children literacy, senior care, and homelessness.
John Carroll University’s Enrollment and Admissions
Campus Tour Guide
- Provide 2-3 prospective students, including their families, with an hour-long campus tour, especially for special visit programs (i.e. Blue Streak Preview Day, Accepted Student Celebration).
- Answer, direct, and forward phone calls from the university’s switchboard, main admission, and financial aid phone lines.
- Internalize relevant facts and statistics regarding the university’s history, buildings and facilities, mission and identity, admission and financial aid processes, student population and make-up, integrated curriculum and academic programs, campus and student life.
John Carroll University’s CSSA
Student Leadership Team Member
- Mentored a group of 15 new and veteran student liaisons to develop facilitation skills and foster community based in Jesuit tradition and values.
- Designed and co-facilitated the Pre-Service Workshops, Monthly Workshops, and Now What Workshops for 100 student liaisons’ leadership development.
John Carroll University’s English Club
Founder and President
- Managed the student-run, educational organization to bring more literary events and activities for undergraduate and graduate students on and off campus, including the financial budget, participant roster, and appointed officers and committee chairs.
- Collaborated with the English Department and various student-run organizations on literary events and activities for undergraduate and graduate students on and off campus.
John Carroll University’s English Department’s Carroll Review
Poetry, Prose, and Visual Art Editor
- Nominated undergraduates’ poems, prose, and visual art submissions as publishable works for the department’s literary journal.
John Carroll University’s English Department Undergraduate Advisory Council
Co-Founder and Executive Member
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the English Department to collaborate with the department’s faculty and staff on initiatives that may improve the majors and minors, alumni network, and graduate program.
Writers in Residence
Co-Founder and Executive Member
- Design creative writing workshop lesson plans for 10 weeks with the intention to reduce recidivism for the residents of the juvenile detention centers in Cleveland, OH.
- Co-lead the creative writing workshops for 20 criminally charged and incarcerated residents.
- Evaluate the creative writing workshops by surveying the residents in order to improve and tailor the most engaging and reflective creative writing workshops.
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate a fall and spring orientation for new undergraduate and graduate service participants.
Social Media Mgmt.
Photoshop and Lightroom