If you’re waiting to hear how the first day of Program went, you’ll have to wait because I want to express my gratitude to:
1. My sister, for reading these entries daily and loving me always
2. My readers, for somehow being interested in what I have to say
3. My God, for creating delicious foods and, of course, granting me another day to live
4. My friends, for supporting me and making me laugh
5. My bed, for being so reliable after a long day
6. My new professor-friend from Fordham, for talking to me on the train
7. My coworkers, for doing an incredible, collaborative, and flexible effort today
8. And for all of my family back home too for giving me a place that I can call home
Well, most of the students were engaged, which resulted in a majority of students participating in class discussions. I was shocked because only a few thought they were too cool. But with the classroom size that we have, I think that we are going to have a fun Summer Program 2016.
After work, I explored Fordham University, and if you haven’t done so, I recommend visiting, especially if you are a Jesuit. The only upset about my explorations was the guard at the library. I told him who I was and what I wanted to do (my name is Zach and all I want to do is walk around the building because I like the architecture. I promise not to commit any crimes.) But he wasn’t having any of it, probably because the woman yelling at him on the phone was possibly his wife, which made me the closest recipient of his anger and, therefore, the denier of my wishes. Normally, I would have rebutted, but I chose to leave. Thankfully, that’s when I met the professor.